Frequently Asked Question
Who is RightAir Air Conditioning?
RightAir is a leading distributor of air conditioners and has been in business for more than 10 years. We specialise in Samsung and Alliance air conditioning units as well as water heating products and heat pumps.
How long will delivery take?
If we have the item in stock, the standard delivery time is between 1 and 4 working days. The date of delivery depends on the area you live in and deliveries are done between 8:00am and 5:00pm. RightAir will provide you with the details of the company or person that will install your unit.
• If you live within 50km from our Johannesburg or Pretoria offices, you can expect delivery the next day.
• If you live within 50km from our Durban office, delivery will take between 1 and 2 days.
• If you live within 50km from our Cape Town office, your delivery will arrive within 2-3 days.
• Areas that do not fall within the radius of the abovementioned office are considered outlying areas and deliveries can be expected between 3 and 4 days.
Is the RightAir website secure?
RightAir Air Conditioning utilise physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to ensure data accuracy is maintained and personal information is protected by preventing unauthorised access. The use of our website is 100% safe and secure.
What are my payment options?
We utilise the Payfast platform which enables you to pay with a credit card or debit card and we also have EFT payment options available.
How do I calculate the size aircon I need?
Your room size depends on the square meter size of your space. You can work out the unit size you need by multiplying the length by the width of the room, then multiply that figure by roughly 600Btu’s per square meter. Each of the units on our website indicates the square meterage it caters for.
For example: A space of 20m2 (5m in length and 4m in width) will require a 12000btu size aircon. A room size of 40m2 will require a 24000btu aircon unit.
Can my order be changed?
Unfortunately, we are unable to make any changes to your order once your order is placed. Please make sure that you double check the details of your order before checkout.
What are your trading hours?
We operate 24 hours a day throughout the year, so you can purchase any time you desire. We have a client concierge team and they can be reached via email and will respond within 24 hours.
When will my credit card be charged?
As soon as you order is processed, your credit card will be charged (this is shortly after you checkout). An order confirmation will be sent to you via email.
Can I place an order by phone?
You can only place orders and purchase on our website. We don’t take any phone or face to face orders.
Why is my credit card payment not going through?
Remember to check that your card number, card name and expiry date is entered correctly like it is on the front of the card. Also make sure that your 3 digit CVV number on the back of the card is correctly entered.
How can I return (refund/exchange) an item?
• Log a request for exchange or refund on the website or by sending us an email.
• Please prepare the return parcel by packing the product in its original packaging.
• The collection will be done by the dealer/installation company authorised by RightAir Air Conditioning that delivered the unit to you. This same company or person will arrange to collect the unit from your home or office.
Do I get a warranty and what are the terms?
Our Samsung and Alliance aircon units come with a 5 year warranty provided that the unit is installed by an installation company authorised by RightAir Air Conditioning. The unit also needs to be serviced as per the warranty guidelines and the unit needs to be registered on www.fourwaysaircon.co.za or www.allianceair.co.za. All other warranties are specified on this website.
Where will I get my invoice?
Your invoice will be provided by the authorised installer assigned by RightAir Air Conditioning.
What is the status of my order?
If the status of your order should change we will notify you via email.
Can my order be cancelled?
Orders cannot be cancelled once they are placed. If you do not want to receive the order, you may log a return via email once your parcel is received. The item will be collected from you at no cost and a refund or exchange will be done once the unit is returned to our warehouse.
Can I change my credit card details?
When you arrive at the checkout, you will be asked to enter your credit card details through Payfast. If you want to update or change your credit card details, you can easily add the new credit card details to your Payfast account. RightAir does not save any card details.
Can I return an item and how does it work?
You can return an unwanted product to us at no charge, provided that:
- it has not been damaged or used
- it is in its original, undamaged packaging and is in the same condition you received it in with all seals still intact (if applicable).
- It does not miss any accessories or parts; and
- you log a return on the Website contact us page or email us within 7 days of delivery to you. (The item should not have been installed).
- If the unit was installed the standard warranty and procedures will be applied.
I ordered the wrong size unit, now what?
Each size aircon unit on the website specifies the room size it is designed for. If the installer delivers the unit and realises that the unit is too small for your room size, he or she will recommend that you exchange it for as larger unit. He/she will take the unit back and come back with a bigger size. You can also return the unit to RightAir via the installer for a refund (provided that the unit applies with the return requirements).
What does the installation fee cover?
The cost of the back-to-back installation (i.e. indoor unit located on the other side of the wall opposite the outdoor unit) with available plug point for the 9000btu and 12000btu is R2200.00 (incl. VAT). The cost of the installation for the 18000btu and 24000btu is R2350.00 (incl. VAT)
The cost of this installation includes the following:
- Up to 3metres of refrigerant piping, drain pipe and cable
- Outdoor mounting bracket (if required)
- Installation to a maximum height of 3metres above ground level
- Drilling of one hole for piping
- Holes will be filled but not painted
The installer will quote for all costs in addition to the 3metre back-to-back installation which will include but are not limited to the following:
- Any required piping and cabling in addition to the piping and cabling referred to above, or electrical connection to the main switchboard
- Travelling expenses in the event of the installation being out of a 30km radius from where the unit was bought
- Any other extras, including but not limited to:
- external isolators and additional electrical work required
- any additional refrigerant piping, insulation, drain pipe and cable
- trunking to cover piping
A qualified electrician must install an isolator at your own cost. He must install the isolator not more than 2metres from the condenser and within view of the condenser. The cost of this is in addition to the installation cost of the unit and must be paid directly to the electrician. Indoor and outdoor units must always be earthed.